Turmeric has gotten really popular in the past years. It has some amazing properties, like being anti-inflammatory.
People who suffer from arthritis are reaching for natural foods like turmeric to help calm the inflammation. I made my Turmeric Powder Recipe using Turmeric I bought at Publix!
Turmeric Powder Recipe
I noticed a lot of people are looking for a turmeric powder recipe that doesn’t require boiling. Boiling is important to help kill potential bacteria and to help soften the root which will make the drying process quicker.
Turmeric Root Powder
- turmeric root
- 1-2 cups water
- Place turmeric root in a medium saucepan.
- Add just enough water to cover the roots.
- Boil turmeric root for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- Strain out liquid with a fine mesh sieve.
- Lay on a paper towel, and allow to cool and dry for about an hour.
- Slice the turmeric roots thin.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet, and bake for 2 hours.
- Allow them to cool once again.
From helping with inflammation, to other health benefits, no matter the reason of why you want more turmeric in your diet. These recipes can help you find a few ways to use it in some yummy recipes.
- Golden Milk
- Turmeric Iced Tea
- Turmeric Pulled-Pork Curry and Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
Fun Facts About Turmeric
- The yellow color in curry comes from Turmeric!
- Turmeric also lends it’s brilliant color to mustard!
- Not only is turmeric used to color foods, but it’s also used in dyes for other purposes.
- Turmeric has been used in cooking and medicinally for thousand of years in India.
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric.
- Turmerics is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Black pepper aids in the digestion of turmeric. We don’t absorb turmeric very well, but taking black pepper along side turmeric will help with that.
I’m so happy that you visited us today. We’ve got some fun content on social media too! If you have a favorite social media platform, join us there! Our homesteading community awaits!
Follow us on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂