This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
These savory Bell Pepper and Shrimp Cakes are packed full of flavor. Offering two kinds of cheese, a handful of parsley, onions, and of course a little bit of black pepper.
Bell Peppers, squash and corn are currently in season. So I’m trying to come up with a couple of recipes that use them. We like to eat seasonally and locally as much as possible.
Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes
Finding Fresh Produce for Shrimp Cakes & Other Recipes
I usually pick up my bell peppers up at Publix, because I know that they carry the peppers with the Fresh From Florida Label.
I know buying produce, and seafood with the Fresh From Florida label means that I’m supporting local farmers, the food is fresher, and the price point is usually within my budget!
Look for the Fresh From Florida label when you’re shopping and be PROUD of the hard working Florida farmers that make it possible to eat fresh and local year-round!
Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes Recipe
Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (sliced thin)
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 lb. frozen shrimp (small)
- 3 lb. red potatoes (shredded)
- Cut up all of the vegetables, including shredding the potatoes.
- In a large skillet, sauté the peppers and onions in olive oil. (You only should need a couple tbsps of oil, the rest will be used to fry the shrimp cakes).
- Steam the shrimp. Follow my Instant Pot Steamed Shrimp Directions. Or you can follow these stovetop directions.
- In a large bowl mix together the shrimp, potatoes, cheese, flour, sautéd peppers and onions mix, celery salt, black pepper and green onions.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat.
- Fill a 1/4 cup with shrimp batter and drop into pan. Flatten them, to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cook on each side until brown and crispy.
- Once done cooking, place on paper towel to soak up the oil.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want More Pepper Recipes?
Check out the recipes on the Fresh From Florida Website! They have a great selection of pepper recipes!
You might think I’m weird for this, but these Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes are superb dipped in Sarayo Sauce!
These Shrimp Cakes can be served as a main dish or an appetizer. You can serve them with other favorite seafood dishes, like crab legs, gumbo, crab boil, grilled shrimp or fish, etc…
Here’s More Recipes Using Bell Peppers
Follow Fresh From Florida on Social Media!
Check out The Fresh From Florida website too for more recipes and video recipes!